Monday, January 4, 2016

С Новым Годом

Привет!

New Year's was a weird day here in Russia. We went out on the streets and, I swear, there was absolutely NO ONE outside. Sister Greenwood and I were the only people walking around. It was like the apocolypse happened after a really big party that left sparkles and conffetti all over the ground. 


Other than that, we had a great time this week. Splits and New Year's Day and our Ward Mission Leader's birthday party all happened in a three day succession, so it was quite busy. 


This week is bound to be amazing because now the holidays are kind of over for the Russians. All the people we've been trying to set lessons up with have kept saying, "After New Years. I'm too busy right now." Well, now it is time to see who really was busy and who just didn't want to meet with us. Hopefully, most of them were actually busy.


This week, I've been studying Revelations 21:3-4


"And He shall dwell with them and they will be His people; and God shall be with them and He shall be their God.
And He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there will not be anymore death neither sorrow nor crying neither shall there be anymore pain..."


(That was from memory so sorry for any wording that isn't right.)


I love this scripture. As a missionary, I've been exposed to a lot of other people's pain and to a lot of my own pain of which I was unaware. But this scripture has given me more comfort and peace than I could have ever asked for. Jesus Christ, He knows us and He loves us and it is up to us whether we will let Him comfort us. Let His love warm us. 


Life isn't easy, and it was never meant to be. Life is supposed to be hard, and it's supposed to make us grow and become, but God hasn't left us without comfort. Our lives aren't forever and sometime, the pain will end, but right now we can reach out to Christ and He can comfort us. He is always there to warm us and to help our burdens become light if we will use His Atonement to rid ourselves of guilt and grief. 


That's why I'm here in Russia. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died for us and suffered what we have suffered, will suffer, and are suffering. He knows you, and He will always love you, no matter what.


I hope your New Year started out wonderfully! I hope that it will continue to be wonderful! I love you all!


Love,


Sister Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment