Monday, January 18, 2016

Счастье

We had a wonderful week this week!

It all started out with us being able to meet with Kira, the 9-year-old granddaughter of the Relief Society President who hasn't yet been baptized because her mom is less active. We were a little nervous for our first meeting since we had never met her mom before and we weren't sure how supportive she would be of Kira, but it turned out to be one of the best lessons we've ever had.
Kira's mom, Sasha, has an amazingly strong testimony, and the relationship she has with her daughter is just so cute. They're like best friends; it's adorable. Sasha bore her testimony of the church and how she came to know it was true. We've met with them 4 times since, and every time, Sasha just amazes me with her faith and her testimony of truth. Kira is really making a difference in her mother's life, and I'm so grateful that we get to see even a tiny bit of how much love and support they have for one another.


We actually set Kira's baptism date today with them. She'll be getting baptized January 30th, and it's going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see it happen! The best part is, is that she's going to bring her whole family with her, and it makes me happy to be able to participate in the creation of an eternal family. I can't describe it actually. 


We also saw an amazing miracle last Saturday. Sister Greenwood and I were in the Branch waiting for interviews with our mission president, President Miner, when a girl knocked on the door and came in. We had never met her before, but she introduced herself (her name is Galia) and said that she's been meaning to come to our church for a while and learn more. So, Sister Greenwood and I showed her around the branch building and taught her. Little did we know that she had actually met Sister Marquis, my former companion, 2 months ago, but had been too busy at that time to come to church. Later in the day, Galia met the other Volgograd Sisters, and they invited her to come with them to a teaching appointment they had, which she did. Galia even came to church yesterday! And LOVED it.  I am still in amazement about what happened. Miracles occur all the time, and if this experience hasn't taught me that then nothing will.


I hope you all have a deevnaya nedeliya (wonderful week, as they would say in Russian) and that you notice the miracles that God sends your way. (1 Nephi 1:20)


Love you!


Sister Jarvis


The Provaslavni Temple by our apartment

We got mail this week!  Thanks for all the letters! (Mostly from my amazing stister, Reej!  I love you, Stister!)

Mother Russia!

Russian Orthodox Temple!

Me, Sister G, and Mother Russia

Me in my babyshka socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment