Monday, January 25, 2016

Children of God

Dear Family and Friends,

What a wonderful week it has yet again been. Unfortunately, most of it was spent on a Visa Trip to Armenia again... As beautiful as Armenia is, it's always a real жаль (jal meaning pity) to be away from your area. 


Luckily, though! Our investigator, Kira, is getting baptized this week! She's 9 years old and the cutest little girl in the world! I wish I could send pictures, but it's not allowed. Sorry. Sister Greenwood had a quick split with Sister Delong while I was in Armenia, and they were able to support Kira and help her and her mom out the week or so before her baptism.


I'm so grateful that I am on a mission. I've learned more and more about becoming a disciple of Christ the longer I've been out here. What it takes to convert oneself to Him and what that even means. I think this week I made a little bit of a breakthrough, probably one that most people make when they're about 9 years old. I discovered that because I am a daughter of God, my worth has nothing to do with other people. And their worth has nothing to do with my own. Comparison is futile because we have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can ever imagine, and there is nothing we can do to increase or decrease our worth in His eyes because to Him we are priceless no matter how bad we are at something or how good. He loves us and it's simply for the fact that we are His children.


I hope that this week, you all take time to ponder what that means to you. That you are a child of God, the Eternal Father, The King of all kings. Because, I know that for me, that knowledge has changed my entire perspective about myself and everyone I see. 


I love you all!


Have a wonderful week and pray for Kira!


Love,


Sister Jarvis

Our district last transfer.  We were practicing for the time that we will all be bridesmaids and groomsmen at one another's weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment