Monday, September 12, 2016

Picture Montage

I don't have a ton of time to write a letter this week, but I wanted to let you know what I've been up to with a picture montage!


For those of you who have been to Scotland, you'll recognize this drink! Sister Lindquist and I found it while we were down in Novorossiysk visiting a member. The branch president down there served his mission in Scotland and keeps a can in the branch fridge.



The vineyards on the way to the member that we visited. Isn't it just so pretty? I love that there are mountains down there... small ones, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get.



Our Senior couple, the Johnstuns, went the way of all the volunteers, and returned home after finishing their mission. The members found this flying lantern shaped like a heart and lit it for them before they left after church yesterday.


We are also learning Russian sign language because we started volunteering at the deaf society, so stay tuned for that! It should be fun!


​​I'm off to answer other people's emails, but before I go, I wanted to let you all know how much I love my time here. I love the people so much. I love Russia so much. Overall though, the reason why I love it so much is found in Acts 20:35.
It is more blessed to give than to receive.I love my time here because when we give, God blesses us more than we could imagine. Not with material things, not anything like that. He blesses us with love. The more of myself I've given, the happier I've been because I've been blessed with love for this work, for the people that surround me, and for God. 


I hope that you have a wonderful week! 


Love,


Sister Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment