Monday, June 27, 2016

Yaroslav the Bright Pink Horse

Приветствую вас,


This is Yaroslav! He's a bright pink horse!

We went on splits last week, and I was reunited with my former companion from Arizona, Sister Montierth! Which was so fun. All the weird, crazy stuff happens with Sister Montierth for some reason. This time it happened to be, we visited a less active family, and they asked us to take this rocking horse back to the branch for them because they wanted to donate it. We said we would, but the family lives like 1 hour ride on the street car away from the branch! So... This happened.

Oh Yaroslav. He's now at the branch, and no longer with us unfortunately. The primary kids love him, though, so I guess he's fulfilling his purpose now.

Other things that happened this week...

STEPHIN HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE AGAIN! Yes, friends, the very same Stephin from like 6 months ago! He's been coming to church every week, and he has a baptismal date for July 9th. Pray that he will receive an answer to know that the Book of Mormon is true while he reads it this week! He's so close! 

​Something really cool that happened today! We had a lesson with a former investigator named Gobi. He's a student from India. In the lesson, we asked him what feelings he had while talking with us today. He went silent for a minute thinking over our meeting and said "freshness... peace, and silence." That was his description of what the Holy Ghose feels like. I know that the message we carry is true. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that he cares for us more tenderly than we can imagine. I know that He is there and that He answers our prays. I know He sent His Son to die for us and rise with living breath. I love Him very much and because I love Him, I try with all I have to help His children know who they are and Whose they are.

I hope as you go throughout your week, you find the times when you feel the freshness and peace of the Holy Ghost. Recognize that you are a child of God with divine purpose and potential. Knowledge of that is power.

One more photo for the road!
Sister Lindquist and I rocking the now approved sunglasses look and practicing our Russian selfie faces.

Love you!

Sister Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment