Monday, June 13, 2016

Ожидаете неожиданый

Nina's favorite phrase is the title of this email. It means "expect the unexpected". 

We stopped by her house and surprised her with some soup since she wasn't feeling well earlier in the week. When we got there, her face was very downcast, and she just wasn't her usual Nina self. She explained that since our last lesson she's really been missing her husband. By the time we left, she was smiling all over again. She told us that every time we come, she just feels so happy. Well, my friends, that's the Spirit of the Lord, right there. She's starting to recognize that, so hopefully she'll be able to set a date for her baptism soon! Pray for her!
This week was kind of full of the unexpected.
 
-We unexpectedly ran into two of the elders' investigators on the street.
-We taught this adorable backpacker/hippy couple who unexpectedly lives out in the middle of nowheresville Volgograd.
-We were unexpectedly offered a kitty.
-I played basketball for like the first time in my life unexpectedly.
-We unexpectedly made ourselves Mexican food this week. (Best spur of the moment idea Sister Lindquist and I have ever had. Thanks, Mom, for the taco seasoning.)
-We unexpectedly bought ourselves two blocks of ice cream (Okay, that one was a little bit less of an unexpected experience.)
Life is just full of the unexpected. Things never really go the way we plan them. And, that's kind of God's plan. We aren't suppose to have all the answers, we learn them as we go. We, of course, fail sometimes, but who doesn't? In the end, if we learn to learn from our mistakes we become stronger.

I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Ether 12:27
Well, that's all for this week! I hope you all expect the unexpected and buy yourselves some ice cream because at least over here it's HOT!

Love,

Sister Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment