Tuesday, July 19, 2016

То, что вы делаете сейчас, это грех

Hello friends and family!

A couple things just to update you on life here in Russia as a church volunteer.

A law was passed a little while ago here that prohibits missionary activity, so in accordance with that here a few things to keep in mind about what I am now doing here in Russia.

1) We are no longer missionaries! We're on missions, but we have to be called "young volunteers." Seriously. Like, don't call me a missionary. It's illegal.

2) We don't proselyte anymore! We are now a service mission. A bit of a big change for us.

So, yeah. This last week, my new companion, Sister Kennard and I, went street teaching until we dropped since as of today that is now illegal for us. 

On the first day of our being together, we went street teaching in the BEAUTIFUL botanical gardens here in the city of Krasnodar, when a lady who passed by us said the following:

То, что вы делаете сейчас, это грех

Translation:

What you are doing right now is a sin.

Sister Kennard and I could hardly keep it together; we were trying so hard not to laugh since it was actually going to be the case that it would be a sin to proselyte the following week. So, that's been our motto this whole week. 

We had a lot of really cool miracles happen, though. We met the sweetest woman in the world on the street. She hugged us and was just so grateful that she met us. She repeatedly told us that it was a miracle and wants to meet again. We are unsure of when we can though since it's now not allowed for us to call her, but hopefully we'll see her again soon.

We also met this way cool guy with an elvish tatoo. He became our investigator and promised to come to church... we shall see.

I can't even tell you, though, what a miraculous week it was. We came home every night dead tired, but it was one of the best weeks I've ever had on my mission. Krasnodar is beautiful. The people here are wonderful. Sister Kennard and I get a long beautifully. And I felt as if I was working the hardest I ever had in my life. It was a wonderful week.

I'm not entirely sure what next week will bring, but I do know that God has a plan for Russia. These people are His children, and He will do what He needs to to bring about their joy and happiness. Life is going to change durastically for us, but miracles will still abound and people's lives will still be changed. 

Well, I love you all! Here's a picture of our district!
Inline image 1
We played volleyball together! (Sister Kennard is the one sitting on my knee)

с любовью
Сестра Джарвис


The Snails of Krasnodar. (Aren't they so cute?)

The Krasnodarski Paren is the first burger place that I've been to in Russia that has real burgers. They give you gloves since they're so messy.


​LOOK AT THIS SPIDER! IT'S SO COOL!

Sister Kennard and I! Everyone thinks we're sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment