Monday, March 7, 2016

My Greenwood Is Gone

Привет всем!

This was kind of a crazy week as I spent more time out of my area than in it (other people had Visa trips, and I had to go drop them off in Rostov...). 


ANND, Transfer calls came! The good news is: I'M STAYING IN VOLGOGRAD! I'm so grateful I get to stay here longer. I love this branch with all my heart, and I love my investigators, and I just love this city. I can honestly say that if I stayed here my whole mission, I would not care. I love it.

That being said, there is bad news... Sister Greenwood is leaving for Krasnodar. Sister Greenwood and I had a difficult time last night while we packed up her stuff. She's been a really good friend to me as well as companion. 


BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!


I'm going to be TRI-PANNING! (Meaning that I will be with 2 other sisters not just 1)


And the best part is, it's with Sister Montierth, who's been in my district for 7 months, and Sister Nelson, who has just been trained in Volgograd. They were the other set of sisters in Volgograd Center, so we'll be combining our two companionships into one.


I'm anticipating that as Sister Greenwood leaves, I'll cry, but I also think that Sister Montierth, Sister Nelson, and I will rock it. We were trying to figure out how many lessons we were going to be able to do next week, and I think we're heading into one of the busiest transfers I'll ever have on my mission. We have 13 investigators (that's a lot, normally we have about 5) between the two companionships and a ton of less actives that we're working with. But I love being busy, so it's going to be a blast.


Unfortunately, we weren't able to see a lot of our investigators or anyone else this week except the missionaries in Rostov, but it was still a good time. There were about 15 missionaries traveling from Rostov to Volgograd on Saturday night, and it caused quite the commotion considering that no one in Russia wears ties or carries around large quantities of the Book of Mormon apart from LDS missionaries. We were asked about 5 times if we were Jehovah's Witnesses. 


As one of my very favorite members in Volgograd keeps telling us missionaries "Walk by faith, not by fear". And this week that's what I invite you all to do (myself included!). I don't know how, but I do know that everything that's going wrong in your life will work out somehow. If you just trust in the fact that you are divine from birth, and that there is a plan in store for you from a Father in Heaven who loves you very much, you'll make it. Don't sweat it.


Love,


Sister Jarvis

We made official contracts of boldness and honored it with this picture

Some hats Sister Greenwood and I found at our investigator's house

No comments:

Post a Comment