Monday, February 29, 2016

When JWs Attack

Дорогие Мои!

We've had 6 new investigators in the past 2 weeks! It's kind of a record for me on my mission.


Thanks to Sister Greenwood's awesome skills at talking to people on transport, we're starting to teach an Armenian family. We had a lesson with the mom of the family, Anaid is her name, and she even accepted a baptismal invitation. She's a little confused about priesthood authority, but that's to be expected out in these parts. The Armenians are very proud of the fact that they were the first country to accept Christianity, so the apostasy doesn't really make sense to them. 


Another one of our wonderful investigators is Elena. We had the best lesson I think I've ever taught with her. It was fun and easy and we were able to help her understand that not only do we want her to know truth, but that we also care for and love her. It was really good. Unfortunately, we couldn't meet with her this week, but we'll keep trying!


These past few weeks have just exploded with people who want to learn about the Gospel. And I think it all comes from the fact that the branch is ready to help them, so God is blessing their efforts. Although even this branch is made up of imperfect people, it's beautiful to see that they are always there to love and support each other, through thick and thin, and that they don't give up on one another. I really think that the people in this branch are living like Christ would, and I hope that when I return home, I can be a member of the church like they are. They visit the sick and care for those who have no family to care for them. The love of Christ fills their lives and members of the branch call us asking if they can help us on lessons. They truly are wonderful people.


Funny story time! 


Last Monday was an absolutely crazy day. After I emailed all of you, we went to go find a Bible in Russian for Sister Greenwood (they're hard to come by). Elder Berger, one of our Zone Leaders, told us that there was a good Bible store not too far from where we live, so we set out to find it. Turns out, that Bible store is actually the meetinghouse of the local Jehovah's Witnesses! And while we were there, they were all singing and dancing and had drums playing. It was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, their collection of Bibles did not appeal to Sister Greenwood, but, hey, we got to party with the JWs for a little, so I can't complain.


Another story that goes along with that is on our way to the Bible Store, we rode a bus. And on buses here there is a person who goes around the bus and collects the money for the tickets. One of the people on the bus refused to pay, and this poor lady who collects the money was just getting yelled at by that guy. Finally, she forced him off the bus, but it was apparent that her spirits were down and this was not a good day for her. I decided to write her a little note to make her day a little brighter, and when we got off the bus, I handed it to her. She read it, and I could see on her face how happy that little note had made her. So, I guess that the little things in life to help others really do make a difference to people. So don't be afraid to act out of love and make someone's day a little brighter. 


Have a great week! I send you all my love!


Сестра Джарвис

No comments:

Post a Comment