Monday, March 28, 2016

Eeeevery ROOOSE has its Thoooorn!

Дорогие Мои,
There are some weeks where you feel like you're on top of the world, and then there are some weeks where it feels like nothing works out.

When I reached the end of this week, I was super disappointed in our stats (we send in stats for the amount of people we teach that week). A lot of people cancelled on us throughout the week, and a lot of people didn't answer their phones or were busy. Looking over our stats I was thinking, "What is wrong with us?" But, then I remembered what seemed like an endless amount of weeks writing in zeros for every statistic while Sister Misuraca and I were together. And while that did get to us every now and then, we still had fun. Lots of it, and I felt ashamed that I had even thought what I did. I should have been grateful all along. For the joy that I've found being here, serving people, and for the fact that I've been blessed with such wonderful people in my life, my companions, the branch members, and our wonderful investigators, and most of all, of course, for my Savior, who is there at every turn, good and bad.

This last week there appeared to be a never-ending source of bad news. Galia, our cute 18-year-old miracle investigator, has stopped responding to us, and it doesn't look like she's going to get baptized this week.  Our other investigator, Andrei, stopped responding as well, which is very strange. We hope that it's just a short time thing because I miss those two quite a bit, and they are both just so good and wonderful. 

But, honestly, even though it wasn't the most successful week, we had quite a bit to be grateful for. Vika and Natasha, these two awesome girls in the branch here, told us they would call Galia to see if she's okay (they're absolutely wonderful those two). Janna tells everyone she meets how excited she is to get baptized. The Elders had a double baptism last Saturday. And, Sister Montierth, Sister Nelson, and I are just continuing our безконечная вечеринка (never-ending party) all day, every day. So, honestly, things are awesome and Spring has now arrived in V-grad!

One of the things I realized this weekend is that every high comes to an end, but that also means that every low must also come to an end. It's kind of like physics "every action has an equal and opposite reaction". So, if you are going through a hard time right now, don't worry, the normal force will work it's magic, and things will get better. And besides, how can we find out how great the good is if we don't have the bad sometimes. (Alma 36:21)
Happiness to you! (as they would say in Russian)
Сестра Джарвис

No comments:

Post a Comment