Monday, October 12, 2015

Winter is Coming

The cold has begun to seep into our home, the Russians have brought out their big, fluffy, fur-lined coats, and the temptures have already dropped below freezing. 

But, all is well! We have boots and hats and coats and hot chocolate, so we're all set.
(Speaking of hot chocolate. Russians make some really good hot chocolate. Just boil some water, put a bit of cocoa in, and finish it off with sweetened condensed milk. I'm telling you, it's manna.)

We were able to watch General Conference this last week end.

IT WAS AMAZING.

I had no idea General Conference was so cool! Did anyone else know this and just not tell me? I guess maybe I should have just been more focused when I did watch it before. It's probably always been this amazing. I particularly liked Elder Holland's talk and President Nelson's talk. It was mentioned more than once to women to "fulfill the measure of their creation," and I have to tell you, I'm not really sure what that means completely, but I can tell you that part of fulling our creation is striving everyday to be a little better than what we were yesterday. It's a tough thing to be sent from the MTC into the mission field, and it can feel like you have so much to improve and so much you can't do yet, but I think it's most important to remember that you don't have to be good at everything all at once. It's a day by day by day process. And some things take a lifetime to learn.

I know that we have so much potential to learn and grow and become because we are children of God, but I also know that Heavenly Father will take us as we are because we can't become all that He knows we can without Him. So, turn to Him! He'll make you into a masterpiece that you can hardly begin to imagine. 

Being a missionary is amazing. I love it because I get to watch people begin to start that process in their own lives and see their light begin to brighten.

I love you all, and I hope your weeks are full of joy!

Love,

Sister Jarvis

Winter weather has begun!  (Mom, we're wearing your scarves and the hat you knitted!)




Watching conference



No comments:

Post a Comment