Monday, October 19, 2015

Imagine All the People

Good Afternoon!

This week Sister Misuraca and I found this HUGE statue of Lenin out by the Volga River. (I have no idea how we haven't noticed it for 5 weeks because it is literally HUGE). So, today, we're off to go take a look at it. Should be fun. 


But, before we do that. This last week was so exhausting and amazing. You know you're a good missionary when you come home unable to do anything after planning but sleep. It's great. :)


There's a member who lives in a town outside of Stavrpol who used to live in Red Army. His name is Andrei and he calls us every now and then to practice English and get a spiritual boost. Andrei also gives a nickname to all of the sisters who work in Red Army. Sister Misuraca is the Italian Queen, and this past week he gave me a nickname! I am now the Snow Queen. He told me it's because I look like Snow White. I really couldn't have asked for a better name. 


We have this investigator here named Denis. He comes to our English discussion group every Wednesday, and we FINALLY had a lesson with him. It was amazing. I've never been able to speak up much in lessons because I've felt like I don't really know what's going on or what to say, but in this lesson I knew exactly what Denis needed. I knew what would help him and what questions to ask. I can tell you that it wasn't me. I can tell you that I still don't know Russian and I still don't understand everything he said, but I can tell you that Heavenly Father is there and He is always helping me in every aspect of the work.


I've been trying to improve my ability to speak to people when I'm on public transport, and this week, I was able to talk to so many people! I love talking to people everywhere I go. They have so many new ideas and interesting things to say and lovely smiles to give. Just talking to them, I know that they are special and individual and loved by Heavenly Father. I love making people laugh. It makes me feel like I've made their day just a little better and just a little brighter. It's even better when I can tell them how loved they are by their Father in Heaven because they can begin to see just how much potential they really have to become so much more than they ever thought they could.


I hope that your week is full of smiles and laughter!


Sister Jarvis


A flurry of cats outside an apartment building in Red Army


No comments:

Post a Comment