Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Russian to a Finish

Friends and Family!

Today marks 1/3 of my MTC experience. It simultaneously feels like I've never been anywhere else but here for all of my life and that so far it has gone by like a rocket.


Before I start my letter, I want to congratulate my sister, Hillary! She got 3rd place in her category for a TRIATHLON! She's an inspiration to me!  Maybe I should make it my goal for the last 2/3 of my MTC experience to try and beat the wall sit record in the gym here. It's at 43 min, but I bet I could make it an hour... after taking a break every 5 minutes. Kind of like a lazy iron man.


The mission president conference starts today, which means that my mission president is here! It also means that I will get to meet him and his wife! I cannot wait! I'm so excited! Not to mention the fact that members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be here during next week's Tuesday, and maybe even Sunday, Devotional.


We had two amazing devotionals this week. Our devotional on Sunday was like it had been written for the sisters of Rostov. We talked to a returned sister missionary from Rostov earlier this week, and she had said some very discouraging things about being a missionary in Rostov. She said it was bleak, almost impossible, and that we should expect to teach very few people. But this devotional speaker was just the answer to every prayer I've ever had about Rostov. He said that we need to focus on the WHOLE of the "Your Purpose" statement. 


"Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through Repentance, Baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end."

Just as it says in 1 Nephi 3:7, "the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he  shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which  he commandeth them."

Heavenly Father isn't going to ask you to do something that is impossible. It is only impossible when you allow it to be by not trusting and relying on Him. I know that Heavenly Father loves every person in the Rostov Russian Mission and that He has not forgotten them. Likewise, He has not forgotten you. 

Love,


Cectpa Jarvis


Elder Palmer.  We aren't really sure why he tied a paper towel around his head, but you know.  He kind of reminds me of Josh actually.  A certain left shoe stealing pirate comes to mind.

The Rostov sisters practicing our future modeling careers--(from left to right Sister Sommers, Me, and Sister Grant)


Me, Sister Johnson (in the back), and Sister Grant on our Sunday walk

Sister Grant and Me doing what we do

Sister Grant, Me, Sister Sommers, and Sister Beach.  We're acting out our favorite Russian words.

The Super Model Sister Sommers

We're pointing to Rostov

No comments:

Post a Comment