Monday, August 31, 2015

Hearing Voices Is Never Good

What a racksackin' wonderful week!

Sister Marquis is the Sister Training leader for our zone, so we headed up to Rostov-na-Donu for leadership training ealier this week. We were there for half a day, so not long, but I got to do some work with the sisters in Rostov Center.


While Sister Marquis was in her meeting, we, the Rostov Center sisters and I, were out by the beautiful River Don. We ran into this adorable woman and her adorable daughter. As soon as she figured out we were Americans that speak English, she whipped out her video camera. She kept telling us to say this phrase, and we weren't really sure if she was trying to speak English or Russian, but it turns out that what she kept wanting us to say was "Even in the Wizarding World, hearing voices isd never a good sign."


Looks like I found me a fellow Harry Potter fan.


Later, we returned to beautiful Volgograd and attended a baptism! WITH OUR INVESTIGATOR! It was way cool. She has accepted a baptism date! Unfortunately, we figured out she doesn't actually live in our area, so she's no longer our investigator. But, there is a ward where she lives, so never fear! She still has missionaries and is still getting baptized!


The longer I'm here, the more I love the people I meet with. And the more I love the people, the more it becomes apparent to me that there is so much sadness and sorrow in the world. More than I could ever imagine. There are wounds that I cannot heal and scars I cannot fathom. But, the great message of the Gospel is that Christ can. Everyone has open wounds that feel as if they will never heal, but I know that if we apply the Atonement and turn to Our Savior, they can heal instead of fester.


I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that He loves each and everyone of you, and I also know that if you pray and if you read His words, you can know that, too. 


I love you all and I hope you have a racksackin' wonderful week, too!


Love,


Sister Jarvis

Sister Fowers (another missionary in Rostov) and Sister Marquis


Sister Fowers

The bus to Rostov

Sister Marquis and I

A weird picture we found in the elevator

No comments:

Post a Comment