Monday, August 29, 2016

Travel Makes the Heart Want to Go to Kdar

Well, last week was basically all travel.

Novo to Rostov. Rostov to Krasnodar. Krasnodar to Rostov. And then finally Rostov to Krasnodar. Hopefully, I'm here to stay for a while. I'm kind of tired of long train rides with copious amounts of baggage. 

But! I'm back with Sister Lindquist!!! It's the BEST!

We ate a 25 piece bucket of KFC chicken to celebrate our reunion.

I also was reunited with every sister in the mission since they were all in Rostov for either a transfer change or VLC. It was kind of a party every day in the Rostov Center Sister's apartment.
Sister Kukla, Sister Jameson, and I at VLC (a once a month meeting to train the zone leaders and sister training leaders so that they in turn can train the other volunteers.)
We also did some service this morning for a non-member who is trying to build his own house. We mostly dug holes, broke up clay, and evened out the ground on his property.


(That's Elder Barnes and Elder Dayton in the background. They're the Zone Leaders.)



All in all, it was a fun week, but I'm so glad to be back home in Krasnodar. It's a good feeling to be with the kids here again and to be with this branch again.

I've made a goal to love this branch as much as I love the Volgograd branch. I thought that would be a difficult task to accomplish, but I don't think it'll be as difficult as I thought. When we just try our best to serve others and listen to them, it becomes so much easier to love them. 

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17
I love you!

Sister Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment