Monday, September 14, 2015

The Winds of Change Are Blowin'

Hello all!

Things have been busy here in Volgograd. 


This week was Volgograd's birthday (426 years old and not looking a day past 70) (Because 70 years ago, they entirely rebuilt the city after it was destroyed in WWII). There were a lot of police on the streets that day and Sister Marquis decided they needed the gospel, too, so we talked to a couple police women, who were very nice, but not interested. She's such a maledetz (good-jobber in Russian).


We got transfer calls this week, and I'm being transferred out of Volgograd early and will be serving in Red Army starting this week. 


Red Army is about an hour and a half away from Volgograd, no elders serve there, so it'll just be me and my new companion, Sister Mizuraka. They have a small branch with about 15 members who regularly attend, so we will have a lot to do out there.


It's amazing how much I've grown to love the people here in Volgograd in just a few short weeks. It's even more amazing considering we can barely understand one another. I love Volgograd, but most of all, I love the people here, and I know that love comes from God. I've learned so much about how the Atonement works and how the Savior loves us, as well as an amazing amount of Russian in just 6 weeks, and I know that it's not my doing. 


Scriptural thought! I've been thinking a lot about missionary work and why we do it and I came across this verse in Alma 26:37 "we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever."


I know that God loves us all and that he's sending people to us to help us everyday because He loves us. So look out for it in your lives because I know He's there if you seek Him.


Love,


Sister Jarvis


Russia Rostov-na-Donu Mission
per. Semashko, 117 V
Rostov-na-Donu
Rostov Oblast 344018
Russia


This hair salon man looks like Jason Bourne


Sister Marquis and Me

Preaching the Gospel




This is the only building remaining in Volgograd after WWII

My District

No comments:

Post a Comment