Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4 Weeks to Go!

Дорогой Друзя,

Only a little less than 4 weeks left here at the MTC! I can't believe how fast time is going by. I'm already loving being on my mission, and I haven't even gotten to the meat of it yet!

We celebrated the 4th of July.  It was kind of funny because our teacher talked about how awesome it was to see the fireworks from the MTC. So we were all super excited about seeing the fireworks and then we could only see them through the trees. I didn't really mind, though.  It was just nice to be in the USA for one last July 4th before I head out to Russia. 


I have the good fortune of having some very amazing teachers. One of them, Sister Gillespie, just makes me laugh whenever she's teaching. She has the funniest stories from her mission. She told us this story about a friend of hers from the MTC who woke up in the middle of the night because his companion had punched the wall and yelled in his sleep "RECEIVE!" in Russian. So now, whenever possible, we punch something and yell "POLUCHAT!" (the word for to receive). Obviously, I was lucky enough to be stuck with a bunch of nerds in my district. :)


Sister Sommers and I got to teach our district on Sunday during district meeting. We had asked everyone to think of a time when they have felt the Spirit prompt them to do something and they followed through. It was probably one of the best times I've had here. As the sisters and elders in my district spoke, I could just see the amount of potential they all had to become like Jesus Christ and the love that they had in being on a mission and for each other. 


There's a quote we frequently talk about by the late Boyd K. Packer, a member of the twelve apostles: "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior... quicker than a study of behavior will change behavior."


Being here, surrounded by people who really care about and desire to learn about Christ and His gospel, has begun to really change my attitude and behavior. I can feel in it in the amount of love I have for others, how much I am willing to work, and how happy I feel. That's not to say that my life is extremely easy now; in fact, I'd state the contrary. Being at the MTC has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but I'm so glad I'm here because I've learned more about myself, my Father in Heaven, and how to love others than I ever have in my life.


I hope your week was fabulous and I hope you can feel my love from Provo.


Я вас люблю!


Sister Jarvis


Our zone 



Our whole district ready for the 4th of July! 

(Starting from the back row on the left) Elder Palmer, Elder White, Sister Grant, Sister Sommers, Sister Derek,
(Front row starting from the left) Sister Morris, Sister Johnson, me!, Sister Matthews


4th of July!


This is us trying to make a 1/2 sign for halway day... 


Halfway Day Picture!

Halfway Day Selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment